We provide Occupational Therapy for our extraordinary kids to maximize their potential.
Occupational therapy encourages a child to enjoy play and use play as a means to develop his daily independence. Occupational therapy works on the child’s developmental skills: motor, cognitive, social, language, self-help and behavior. Occupational therapists analyze the child’s behavior and response to different aspects of play and its meaning to the child.
Through play, a child may be able to functionally perform basic living skills such as eating, dressing, grooming, bathing and social interactions. The occupation of childhood is to develop the skills necessary to become functional and independent adults.
skills enhanced BY Occupational therapy INCLUDEs:
- Regulation of arousal level in order to attend
- Refinement of sensory discrimination and processing
- Self concept
- Age appropriate self care skills
- Continual refinement and development of motor skills
- Appropriate social interactions
- Language and cognitive skills
- Development of communication skills